Tuesday, January 1, 2002

The Darkroom


Basics

Camera - Hasselblad 500CM
Lens - 80mm
Metering System - Pentax Spot
Film - Kodak TMX 100, 400
Film developers - D76
Paper developers - Dektol, LD-20
Toners - Selenium, Sepia, Gold

Darkroom Equipment
Enlarger - Beseler 45 MXT
Enlarger light source - Cold light lamp

Film Exposure
I use Zone system concepts, but I reverse the standard procedure for metering. With landscapes, I find that sky values are important to me, so I place the cloud values on zone 7 or 8, and the shadows usually fall on zones 1-3. After noting the initial meter reading, I add 1.5 stops of exposure to the reading, thus assuring that the shadows are adequately exposed. When I develop the film I reduce development time by about 3 minutes, so that the highlights are pulled back to the initial zone placement of zone 7 or 8.

The Darkroom


Negative Viewing/Spotting Table


Enlarger Table


Sink/Processing Table


Drying Table

No comments: