Sunday, May 24, 2009

18 miles and a JJ

I'm already running long even though my overall fitness is poor. As I wrote on my comment to Melinda, I think running long is more than just using physical strength, a determined attitude to endure is needed. Of course, there is a limit to how much I can push, I should not go and run 30 miles tomorrow, because that would lead to body breakdown. My mind and body desire the long slogs, and so I am going as long as reason permits. I am looking forward to seeing if I can push and do some 30 milers in July, to prepare for the Howl.

I have not been doing much with pictures. I don't have money for supplies at the moment, but my desire for it has waned a bit since I got injured. Once I am back to full strength maybe I can do some darkroom work again.

I am reading a book called "Giants in the Earth", about life on the Dakota prairie in the late 19th century. Also reading a bit of Heidegger - sifting through tangled modern philosophy makes me believe that my tiny life is from another galaxy.

No comments: