Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Downhill

Downhill II


2 weeks ago my knee mysteriously regained its health. When I recognized that running no longer was off limits, I hit the trails, just in time for warm weather running.

I have lost quite a bit of fitness, but, just 2 days ago I completed a full 12.5 mile South Farms loop, so even though I am in lousy shape, running 12 miles still seems pretty easy. I am also 10 pounds overweight, but I hope once I get into a running groove some of that weight will shed.

The past 2 days have been light 4 milers because my quads are a little stiff from the 12 miler on Sunday.

It is great to be running again, and I am looking forward to returning to ultra marathon racing shape. Maybe by October I will be able to run the Farmdale 33 miler again.

This song reflects my mood after today's run :


No comments: